IDSEAL, LLC takes the privacy of our customers seriously. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing you with high-quality services.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Sites or on or through any of its features/register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact IDSeal's Data Protection Officer by mail, e-mail or phone by using the following information:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1000 Progress Place,
Concord, NC 28025
Telephone: 1-888-325-5865 (Monday through Friday, 10am - 7pm EST)
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. For more information, please review the California and Other State Consumer Privacy Act Supplemental Notice or the California consumer privacy resources located at: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy.
Your Consent to Collect and Use Personal Information
What Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Information and other information that we collect varies depending on your relationship with IDSeal.
Among the Personal Information and other information that we may collect is the following:
- company details;
- residential and business address:
- date of birth;
- national identification number;
- telephone number;
- IP and MAC addresses and browser information;
- email address;
- banking details, credit or debit card information, or other information needed to process payments to or from you;
- demographic information such as your profession, hobbies, education, gender, ethnicity, and income;
- location information;
- recordings of telephone calls;
- emails and written communications; and
- other identifying information.
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect Personal Information and other information from you in a variety of ways, including:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you provide in your interactions with IDSeal. You can choose not to provide certain information, but, as a result, you may not have the same experience or, depending upon the missing information, we may not be able to provide the services, products, or support you are seeking to obtain.
Please Note - IDSeal will not contact you by telephone or email to request sensitive information such as credit card numbers, account numbers, passwords, and PIN codes. We recommend that you do not respond to telephone calls or emails requesting this type of information and that you promptly contact us if you receive such a request that purports to be from IDSeal.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as our service providers, credit bureaus, or other business partners which we use to correct our records and assure continuity in providing Services or support to you.
- Information Collected Automatically: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of the Sites, including information about your interaction with content and services available through the Sites. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other tracking tools, and we obtain certain types of identifiers and other information when your web browser or device accesses the Sites and other content served by or on behalf of the Sites. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our users' size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Adobe® Flash® Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
For What Purposes Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services and support that we offer. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of services, products, and support. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, provide Services, process payments, give you access to support, and communicate with you about orders, services and status updates.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve the Sites. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our Sites.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your Personal Information to recommend services and support that may be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with IDSeal.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your Personal Information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with You. We use your Personal Information to communicate with you in relation to the services and support.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use Personal Information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect you, IDSeal, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals and customers in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine Personal Information with other information collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We may share anonymized data with third parties for business development purposes. By using the Sites and/or IDSeal services, you agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share, and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the Sites or your use of the services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning, and other business purposes.
Examples of How We May Use Your Personal Information
IDSeal collects and processes your Personal Information for a variety of legitimate purposes, including:
- to present our Sites and its contents to you;
- to verify, process, and administer orders for IDSeal services;
- to ensure a secure ordering process, to assess creditworthiness, and to conduct credit checks in connection with purchase or usage of IDSeal services;
- to take payment for IDSeal services;
- to maintain our commercial relationship with our customers, including provision of billing and customer services, as well as for collection purposes;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in connection with any contracts or agreements for services that you may enter into with us;
- to provide you with notices about your IDSeal account and in connection with the services, if applicable;
- to provide you with notice to material changes to our Terms (if applicable) and the other Policies;
- to analyze, understand, and respond to service needs, including scientific and market research and opinion polls;
- to improve the products and services that we offer and to develop new products and services;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and to protect IDSeal's legal and financial interests (including fraud detection and prevention);
- to comply with IDSeal's reporting obligations to government agencies;
- to facilitate financial, accounting and administrative functions;
- to enter customer information in a publicly available directory enquiry service and directories operated by us or a licensed third party;
- to identify and inform customers about services from IDSeal, its affiliates and business partners that we believe may be of interest to you, including sending commercial and marketing communications;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our affiliates and with business partners;
- to contractors, service and data providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about users of Sites is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to governmental and law enforcement authorities as part of regulatory, statistical, or analytical reports, as required or allowed by applicable laws or regulations or in response to specific requests from those authorities or as part of statistical and analytical report;
- to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply the Terms, the other Policies, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
IDSeal keeps your Personal Information as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was initially collected, which time period may vary depending on the type of Personal Information collected and the purposes for its collection. In the context of a contractual relationship, we keep your Personal Information as long as needed to provide our services to you to deal with any questions or complaints you may have about these services. If we use your Personal Information for our marketing purposes, we will keep the data as long as that data is relevant for that purpose and up-to-date. In certain cases, we may need to keep your Personal Information for a minimum period to comply with legal requirements. In any event, we do not keep your Personal Information longer than permitted by applicable law.
Where We Store Your Personal Information?
IDSeal may require customers to provide credit or debit card information (collectively, "Cardholder Data") in connection with the purchase of some IDSeal services. Cardholder Data may be used for current payments and stored for future or recurring payments. IDSeal maintains controls consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and other industry standards to protect Cardholder Data; however, these safeguards may not prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, obtain, or use Cardholder Data.
IDSeal has implemented technological and organizational measures to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized or improper access or use during collection and while it is in our possession. Sensitive information (such as government-issued identification numbers, financial information, and Cardholder Data) is subject to heightened security measures. Nonetheless, you should also take measures to safeguard your Personal Information by maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, logging out of Sites, closing your web browsers when you have concluded your online activities, changing your passwords regularly, and not providing your Personal Information to persons that are unfamiliar to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Sites or through our services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE PROTECTED AGAINST, LOSS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION BY THIRD PARTIES.
IDSeal may communicate with you by email or chat, and these communications may at times contain Personal Information. We do not intercept or disclose the contents of email or chat communications in the absence of a warrant, court order, or other lawful demand in connection with an ongoing investigation; however, these communications may not be secure. We recommend that you do not send sensitive information (such as government-issued identification numbers, financial information and Cardholder Data) by email or chat, and we will not ask you to provide such information in this manner.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Other Rights
You have the right to access your Personal Information, to correct your Personal Information if the information that we have is erroneous, and, in some cases, to delete your Personal Information. If you are a current customer you can access certain of your Personal Information through the member portal. You may obtain a copy or correct or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting IDSeal's Data Protection Officer by mail, e-mail or phone by using the following information:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1000 Progress Place,
Concord, NC 28025
Telephone: 1-888-325-5865 (Monday through Friday, 10am - 7pm EST)
We may impose reasonable restrictions on requests for access or corrections to your Personal Information and we may charge you a reasonable fee as permitted by law for provision of your Personal Information or in the event of unfounded or excessive requests. Please note that if you request deletion of your data, we may not be able to provide any or certain services to you. We are permitted to keep certain of your Personal Information in order to meet our legal, financial, audit, and business needs, even if you request its deletion.
Promotional Offers from IDSeal
If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by (i) sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or (iii) by calling Identity Care at 1-888-325-5865 (Monday through Friday, 10am – 7pm EST) . In addition, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe or opt-out or unsubscribe link contained in that email. Please note that this opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, service experience (i.e., identity protection and management alerts), or other transactions.
Limitation of Liability
Issue Date: June 19, 2023
Copyright © 2023 IDSeal, LLC
All Rights Reserved
California and Other State Consumer Privacy Act Supplemental Notice
Information We Collect About You
Our Sites collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device ("Personal Information"). Specifically, our Sites have collected one of more data elements listed in the following categories of Personal Information designated with "Yes" in the "Collected" column within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal Information Categories.
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, solutions purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geo-location data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
L. Equipment information.
Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Aggregated or anonymized consumer information.
- Information excluded from the scope of the CCPA or other state laws, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), other similar state laws or clinical trial data (only in the case of employees); and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
IDSeal will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Our Business Purposes
We use the personal information we may have about you to accomplish our business purposes, including:
- To conduct data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our services;
- To conduct audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- To monitor for fraud and security purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- To develop new products and services;
- To consider ways for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- To identify usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to users;
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users' interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, share, trade, or rent User's Personal Information to others and we have not done so during the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of IDSeal's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by IDSeal about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, IDSeal has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (A) Identifiers, (D) Commercial Information, and (I) Professional Employment-Related Information.
Right to Know and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that IDSeal disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability, Correction, and Deletion), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business purpose for collecting that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Correction
You have the right to request that IDSeal correct inaccurate information that it maintains about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability, Correction, and Deletion), we will confirm the correction, if applicable and appropriate. IDSeal may deny a request to correct if it determines that the contested personal information is more likely than not accurate based on the totality of the circumstances.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that IDSeal delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability, Correction, and Deletion, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to accomplish any of the following.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another individual to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.) or other similar state laws.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability, Correction, and Deletion
To exercise the right to know, data portability, correction, and deletion described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by either:
- Submitting a request at IDSeal, LLC, Attn: Data Protection Officer, 349-L Copperfield Boulevard #417, Concord, NC 28025; or
- Sending an email to email@example.com
Only you, or a person properly authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
Your requests must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA or other state privacy rights. Unless permitted by CCPA or another state privacy law, as applicable, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of services, products, or support; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate or a different level or quality of services, products, or support.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Right to Appeal
If you believe that IDSeal has failed to take appropriate action in response to your privacy rights requests or you believe that we have denied your request improperly, you may appeal by contacting our Data Protection Officer at IDSeal, LLC 349-L Copperfield Boulevard #417, Concord, NC 28025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We strive to retain your personal information no longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes listed in this Notice or as required by law.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request at email@example.com.
Issue Date: June 19, 2023